I've been itching lately to re-vamp our loft area in to a child safe playroom for Lia and her friends. I have been doing more work upstairs and feel that it would be really nice to let her play in an area where she can be watched, but also be safe. After a ton of searching on pintrest and bothering my sister for ideas incessantly (sorry amy!) here is the beginning of the new room...
 |
| Shopping at IKEA - no, this isn't the room... |
 |
| New book rack! |
 |
| tent, tunnel, and new rug! |
 |
| Lia enjoying her new space |
Lia seems to really enjoy the new space and really likes the brand new tunnel! I didn't get any pictures b/c all the ones I managed to snap were blurry b/c she was moving too fast! haha. I did manage to get a few of her playing.
Moving forward, I plan to add three boards to the back half wall - one dry erase/magnet (seen in the pictures), one felt board, and one chalkboard. I also want to add an art wall to the back behind the couch to display her future artwork. I was also tossing around ideas of mirrors down low, ABC and 123 posters, dress up hooks, etc. So, work in progress, but it is a fun start!
Oh, and I think the neighbors approve as well - here is Matt with Mady in the tunnel!
looks really nice! do they still make those little square tables with 2 chairs. it might fit under the book rack. i think yours was little tikes
ReplyDeleteps love the mesh cubes! great idea!
ReplyDeleteBecky, it is coming together so well! You are such a fun mom :D.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAAA! LOVE the picture of Matt and Mady - classic
ReplyDeletethey look like the 2-headed caterpillar!