Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Zoo!

On Sunday Todd and I spontaneously decided to take Lia out to the Austin Zoo.  It was a beautiful day and we wanted to enjoy the weather.  The Austin Zoo is a rescue zoo and is more like an animal sanctuary than a typical zoo, so it is small and you can see most of the animals up close.  It took about 1.5 hrs to do the entire thing, so it was perfect for Lillia. 

I wasn't sure what to expect from her, or if she would find the animals interesting, but she LOVED it. 

Checking out the turtles



Saying hello to a tiny monkey

I thought this was hilarious - a lion sleeping on its back!

Todd and Lia making friends with a disgustingly large pig



The goats were very interested in the feed Todd had in his hands.   Lia thought this was hilarious.

Feeding the deer!








Feeding the llamas!



 And yes, we are responsible parents and made sure the animals wouldn't bite or anything crazy.  There were other little kids feeding them too.  No worries!  It was a great day and we all had a blast.  I can't imagine the dreams Lia had that night...  so many new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment