This weekend was fun filled and happy with tons of projects and creative time with (and without!) Lia! Todd's parents were in town for a visit and we took Lia to Austin Children's Museum for the first time. They didn't have too much for her age group, but we were lucky to find a little fenced off area built especially for toddlers. She had a total blast! It was so fun to see her learn how things work and interact with the other children.
![]() |
| Climbing in the baby crib... |
![]() |
| Playing with GG! |
Next was an awesome surprise! My mom and Todd's mom have been working their tails off on a cross-stitch project for Lia with her birth information. I won't say how long it has taken, (haha!) but I'm so glad it is done and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Todd's mom had it matted and framed with colors that will match perfectly in Lia's room. I can't wait to hang it up. Every time I get the chance though, she is in her room sleeping!
While Todd and his dad were busy working on home improvement projects (we now have a fridge without broken pieces and a heater in the bathroom!) Chris and I worked on an art project I found on Pinterest. I have to officially say, this project looked a TON easier on pintrest - common problem I hear... Anyway - the idea was for the twins' room to take a children's book and quote for their wall. So the picture behind the paint you can see showing through is the Guess How Much I Love You book and then the stand out quote "to the moon and back." I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm choosing not to show you the other one we did that ended up being a practice run... haha.
Last project! I think Todd and I were inspired by the Children's Museum and found some "busy boards" on Pintrest we could make easily for Lia. Now, this pintrest project WAS as easy as it looked - once we found the right supplies. I have some paint touch ups to do today, but Lia has been loving it so far.








LOVE the screaming!!!!!!!!!!! Everything looks wonderful!!! Chris did a beautiful job with the cross stitch. Cant wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteYou also loved the Austin Children''s Museum. Bet you didn't remember being there!!!
That busy board was a touch of genius! She obviously LOVES it and is so ready for it... Such fun! Love the way the "to the moon and back" picture turned out. It will be a great addition to the twins' room. AND I think it's ABOUT TIME GG finished her part of the x-stitch! Glad Grammy approves. We had a wonderful time in Austin with all of you. Love and Hugs!
ReplyDelete