A few days ago I showed Lillia some new ways to play nicely with her baby doll. Up to this point we have worked on hugging the baby and signing the word "baby" but she has those things down pat now! I showed her how we wrap babies in blankets and hold them and also how we pat baby's back when they go to sleep. She was really into this when I was playing with her and wanted me to wrap the baby up over and over again so she could carry around the little bundle. Then (of course) she would shake the blanket until the baby fell out (she won't be babysitting any time soon...).
Later that day I left for a home study and Todd said that Lia was just obsessed with playing with her blanket and baby doll the entire rest of the day. I piggybacked on this recent interest by getting little baby bottles for her to feed the baby with. Those, she just walks around with them in her mouth - but she will feed the baby occasionally... My hope is to continue practicing various baby like situations so when the real babies arrive it will at least be somewhat familiar to her.
I got some of her playtime on video for you all to see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment