Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I had three goals for today:
  • Take time to reflect on and celebrate the fact that I am Lillia's mommy.  
  • Nap!
  • Not change a single diaper
I'm happy to say that those goals were accomplished!!  We all really had a wonderful day spending time as a little family of three and enjoyed our 2:1 ratio (while we still can!).

My morning started off with the best gift ever - my little girl coming downstairs with Todd and running into the bedroom yelling "Hi Mama!" and jumping in bed for a hug.  That's it, I could have been done with Mother's Day after that.  *Melt*



Todd made a delicious breakfast and we relaxed with our morning coffee for awhile trying to decide how to spend the day.  Eventually we settled on a trip to the Austin Zoo.  We had taken Lia a few months ago and it was a great time, so with the good weather we set out to visit again. 

This trip with Lia was MUCH different - the stroller became an accessory and carrier of stuff rather than carrier of child.  She was all over the place!  Loving every second.  Her favorite things were the peacocks and chickens that are wandering free around the grounds.



Chasing birds...






"C'mon mom...!"



Lia was a little more tentative this time when feeding the animals and was very interested to see Todd do it, but not so interested in doing it herself.  I can't blame her though - kind of freaks me out too...



She finally warmed up enough to this particular goat that she would put food on the little ledge and laugh when he would eat it off.  Eventually, the food ran out and she was searching around for anything to feed this poor goat. 

Surprisingly we made it home without her falling asleep in the car, had a quick lunch and she was upstairs to nap.  FOR THREE HOURS!  Happy mother's day for sure!  I got my nap and Todd and I had some awesome, QUIET, alone time.  Gotta love it.  We had dinner at Jason's Deli and Todd put Lia to bed complete with a story and a song which I could hear over the monitor (so sweet - gets me every time).

Now, I sit on the couch relishing in the last part of the day.  Next mother's day will look quite different and I'm excited for that.  Watching Lia grow up has been a joy so far and I know these two little ones coming soon will be no different.  I feel like I'm coming into my own as a mother and am really trying to cherish each moment because everyone says (and I've come to know also) it goes by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment