Thursday, June 28, 2012

It is HOT!

I never realized how much I enjoyed taking walks outside and playing in the grass until it got SO HOT that the only time walks and outdoor play are realistic is first thing in the morning...  which is tough.  So, Lia and I have enjoyed some field trips to get out of the house (mostly to Target or HEB...) but that also gets boring after awhile (especially when you begin to recognize Target's restocking schedule... whoops).  Today we were sitting on the back porch and I turned on the hose for her to play with.  This proved to be great fun for her and by the end she was soaked and very happy!  I took some videos, because it is impossible not to.


and yes, I am aware that my child put the potentially yucky hose in her mouth...  but c'mon - it was so funny watching her little cheeks puff out with water and then her look of extreme confusion...  totally worth it.


and yes, I am aware that my child fell off the porch (am I winning mother of year yet???) but by this point she had already done it about 6 times which was enough for both Lia and I to know that it doesn't hurt...

Then she decided to give her duck a bath.  :)  Don't worry, the thing on her ankle is a wet flower not a giant bruise or cut...  


Lia's current favorite activity is crawling under the kitchen table.  With all the fun obstacles to climb over and around - I'm sure it is like a baby heaven under there.  Today she crawled all the way under and put her legs under the center beam and was sitting there patting her hands like it was a mini table just for her.  Too cute.





And another cute video (just to top you off...) - big smiles that I was so happy she was giving me while I was videoing until I realized the real reason she was smiling so big...  damn you Sydney.  haha



No comments:

Post a Comment