Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy times & a new tent!

We all had a great weekend celebrating my mom's birthday and father's day for my dad with a visit from Lia's Grammy & Papa!  Lillia did very well with everyone and has yet to go through any stranger anxiety so she loved all the additional attention.


My mom and I busied ourselves working on making a tent for Lillia's future playroom.  It was a bigger project than we had anticipated (as they always are...), but I'm very happy with the results - so cute!!!




I still have a few finishing touches (I think I'm going to paint the poles brown, etc) but it is complete otherwise.  There are going to be lots of fun times in this for the next few years I imagine.  Lia is already interested and curious about it.





The only thing that made me laugh is that she tried to stand up pushing against the sides expecting them to be solid like walls.  It was pretty cute seeing her little hand outline through the tent, but she will probably not be able to play in there without close supervision for awhile b/c she could potentially tip the whole thing over!

Lia's friend Mady came by for a visit this weekend while Lia was still napping, so I let Mady go in first when she woke up.  It was adorable to see Mady figure out there was a baby in the crib and they started to talk to each other.




I tried to get a video of them "talking" but by the time I got my phone set, Mady was done and left.  oh well. 

Overall it was a great weekend and we enjoyed the visit from Grammy & Papa!  Just realized I have zero pictures of them with Lia from this trip... next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment