Sunday, July 29, 2012

VICTORY!!

This is it, we are prepared to declare full victory over the binky!  We have persevered and hung in there during the tough times where all I wanted to do was give in, but man, this is a sweet reward!

I has been two full weeks since my child looked like this:
4 months old




HOORAY!

While I loved her little frog binky creature, we have had to say goodbye...
1 week old

4 weeks old



And we are mostly grateful that she has not shown interest in her thumb or fingers as a replacement...
3 weeks old
 However, she has enjoyed finding other replacements... much to our dismay!




But, overall the entire process has been easier than we thought and we are very grateful we decided to declare war now versus waiting.  She is sleeping great and has developed quite the attachment to her lamb lovey for bedtime.  Perfect transition if you ask me!

Here is how Lia feels about her accomplishment!


4 comments:

  1. victorious!! you can now forget about the child we saw at the airport who was still attached to the binky at age 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What IS that in her mouth?! I think I liked the Binky better... LOL!! Congrats on winning the war. Here's a thought... you might want to buy another Lamby so you have an extra. I remember trying to find Todd's teddy when it was bedtime at home after a visit to see Aunt Melinda and Uncle Mike in Indy and realizing we'd left it behind... Had a few tough nights before the package from Aunt Mel arrived!(This is a corrected version of the comment I deleted...noticed some errors in the original - in case you were wondering.)

    ReplyDelete