I starting stalking Pinterest and owe this wonderful website credit for many of the ideas, but if you ask, I will claim them as my own. :)
I don't really have a "theme" for this room, per se, but decided to focus more on color. Aqua, coral, yellow, gray and white. And I think it turned out great!
Doesn't it just make you smile? Oh, and in case you are wondering, we do have names picked for the girls - and you guessed it, they start with 'E' and 'H'. But, since I'm really not sure who keeps up with this blog, we are keeping their names out of the masses (meaning Facebook, the blogs, and general cyberspace) until they are born and can be properly introduced! So, if you are in on the secret - keep mum! :)
My mom made the crib skirts (thanks to a Pinterest tutorial!) - got one set and working on #2. The letters are wood letters from Hobby Lobby that I wrapped in yarn and the cute quilt hanging off the crib was made by Todd's Aunt Lisa and it served as our inspiration for this room! Thanks Aunt Lisa!
We snagged the comfy glider from Lia's room and painted it white and braved the risky process of recovering it. My mom and I successfully tackled the back cushion and the footstool, but the seat cushion was shipped off to my aunt in Colorado who has far more talent than either of us. So, that is in the works! The seat cushion will be the same pattern as the back cushion. My dad painted the room and was excited to do something different with the stripe wall. I was worried it may be too much, but I think it is perfect.
My dad made the shelves for us and painted them. These went up last weekend which inspired me to go ahead and finish the room up. I ordered the mobile on amazon and repainted some of the little bug guys to match the room.
Here is a close up:
The frames currently hold pictures of Todd & I and one of Lia - needless to say, these will be replaced. :) I really like the idea of having one shelf in the room set aside for each girl - for her own special things.
This little wood plaque was in my room when I was little - happy to share it with these little ones now!
Finally, here I am today at 26 weeks.
The belly always looks smaller in pictures than it feels hanging off my midsection... I'm doing well but tire very quickly - my body (and emotional stability) demands a nap in the middle of the day to make it through without crying, yelling, or collapsing into a useless heap on the couch while crying and yelling... Pregnancy - it is a beautiful thing...











LOVE the nursery! So beautiful! I can't wait to hear what the E and H stand for! :) Love the yarn covering the letters and of course, I like that they both have their own shelves. My kids each have their own shelves, too, and it's my favorite thing in their room.
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy...love the room! Bright and cheery! Does your Dad hire out? Can hardly wait for those cribs to be filled! love to all, Aunt Mel
ReplyDeleteBecky, it looks absolutely fabulous! I know that Itty and Bitty will LOVE it and appreciate all the hard work you put into it. It is just cute beyond words. Can't wait to see it in August! My Mom and I died laughing at your description of how you have been feeling. I couldn't agree more - pregnancy is a beautiful thing ;).
ReplyDeleteIt's PERFECT! So warm and welcoming for two very loved little girls who will be with us, soon!
ReplyDelete