Thursday, April 4, 2013

Itty & Bitty

For those of you who have lost track, I'm 23 weeks pregnant with twin girls!  I have one week left in my 6th month and these girlies are GROWING!  My belly is certainly showing it as well.  For the most part, I have felt pretty good lately and the doctor was optimistic that I will continue to feel good until probably June.  Then we will have to see how things go week to week.

I had two doctor visits this week - one with my regular OB and one with the specialist for multiples.  Both appointments went very well and both babies are doing great!  I'm measuring about 31 weeks right now (which totally freaks me out about what is to come!) and that is about how big I look as well.

Here is 32 weeks with Lillia:

and here is today (23 weeks) with the twins:

The doctor tried to reassure me that I was "so cute" and still carrying very compactly for twins.  Whatever that means...  We will see if she can still muster the courage to say I look cute when I'm 36 weeks and measuring beyond 40!  *shudder*

The specialist did an ultrasound today to measure the babies and see if they were growing well.  Both girls are the exact same weight (1lb 2 oz) which was shocking to the doctor - he said he had never seen two babies the exact same size before.  They were only 3 grams off from one another.  Pretty funny.  He was very happy with their size, growth and fluid levels were great.  He encouraged me to "keep doing what I'm doing" - no problem there!

We were able to get some fun pictures of them during the ultrasound, but the best part was the tech stopped on Baby A for a bit just to watch her moving around and I could see her moving her tongue and she yawned.  So cute!  Surreal to see babies in utero doing very human like things. 

Baby A - profile - head to the left, belly on the right and hand above.  She is sitting lower down in a breech position with her head up on my left side and feet down low. 

Baby B - profile - head on the right, belly on the left.  You can see her ribs in this photo - creepy!  She is positioned high up transverse on my right side.  Head up near my chest and feet against my right side. 

Both babies heads - the ultrasound tech was laughing and said "they are certainly girls b/c it looks like they have their heads together gossiping about something!"


While I was at the doctor today, Todd was home with Lillia.  This is what happens when Daddy is in charge!

So, overall very good and reassuring news from both doctors.  Happy and healthy pregnancy so far! 

1 comment:

  1. She'll need the boots for riding! Good to get her used to them early... ;)

    ReplyDelete