3 more weeks to go, 3 more weeks to go, 3 more weeks to go... 2 more weeks until my GOLD medal! haha. In all reality, things are going really well. I'm feeling VERY drained, emotionally and physically, but also feeling lucky to not have many of the horrific symptoms I read about other people having during twin pregnancies. The thing I've heard the most lately is "I can't believe there are really two babies in there!" I'm not sure if that is a compliment or a concern for the babies' well being, but I assure they are both in there and I can also assure you they are pretty comfortable. We've had two biophysical profile ultrasounds in the past two weeks and they allot 30 minutes per baby for them to "perform" certain tasks (practice breathing, move arms and legs, heart rate changes, etc) and both of these little girls pass within 5 minutes. Even the ultrasound tech was impressed. Which (much to my dismay) leaves me with about 45 minutes to wait around for my slot in the nurse's schedule for a blood pressure check (totally normal, if not lower than usual...) and a pep talk. They are estimating both babies are around 4.5 lbs each, but we won't do another official weight check measurement until 36 weeks.
Just for your amusement, here are some things I've learned while pregnant:
- Holding another child on top of your belly hurts
- Maternity clothes are so expensive... what a racket!
- Growing two babies makes you REALLY tired - almost immediately upon waking...
- Emotional regulation is just not possible
- Strangers stare at pregnant ladies
- Strangers give a pregnant lady with a toddler a look of pity
- Strangers ask really inappropriate questions
- I forget my belly is as big as it is and run into things
- I lost sight of my legs, feet, and sometimes can't see Lia if she is hugging my legs
- watching CSI before bed is a really bad idea - hello nightmares....
- Leaning over the sink to get close to the mirror is impossible - which makes putting contacts in quite interesting.
- Trips to the store require a potty break before shopping and after - I know all the best toilets in town (Buy Buy Baby beats them all!)
- Yes, I can feel both babies move independently
- Pregnancy brain is real - left wallet at home while shopping at Target, left wallet at Target in the cart return after going home to get it, my hair is either over conditioned or over shampooed..., left the car windows open during rain storm...
- I've lost all concept of when my clothes are fitting my body properly
- People look at your belly first, then your face.
- Outgrowing maternity clothes is depressing...
- Getting kicked in the bladder and the ribs at the same time is shocking.
- Babies moving in the belly is fun, but my belly contorts in ways that look more like an alien trying desperately to get the hell out.
32 weeks Today (34 weeks)

You are a SUPERHERO in our eyes and you've already won that gold medal a hundred times over! :) Stay the course! Blessings and hugs to all of you from Italy...
ReplyDelete