Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crib Update

For those that are curious...  here is what we've been up to with Lia's crib adventures.

Nap Day 1:  first successful climb out (uh oh!)

Bedtime Day 1:  tried to put her to bed like normal with footy pjs on hoping that maybe she would forget (yeah, right) and just go to sleep.  Watched her on the monitor for a bit and seemed like all was well.  Eventually it got too dark to see on the webcam, so I went up and checked on her around 10pm.  Empty crib.  I looked around the room and didn't see her right away (it was dark) so I flipped on the lamp and there she was, asleep, on the floor under the curtain by the window.  I giggled because it was pretty funny and got Todd to help move her back to her bed.  She stayed in overnight, but was out first thing in the morning.

Nap Day 2:  I cleared her room of anything remotely dangerous or things (nice books really) that she shouldn't have unsupervised.  I turned her crib around so the higher side faced out, tired her out like crazy before nap and said a little prayer.  Watched her attempt to get out, but eventually she gave up and went to sleep (hooray!).  But, it didn't take her long to figure it out after her nap and she was out within 5 minutes of waking up.  Boo on that.

Bedtime Day 2:  Todd and I went back and forth about if we want to just bite the bullet and transition her to a regular bed, but both kind of wanted to try everything with the crib first.  There is a very short time frame between now and when sisters join the family so I didn't want to shock her routines too much.  So, I made a trip to the baby store and found a sleep sack.  Last ditch effort.  Well, after being terribly confused about this permanent blanket enclosing her legs and laughing hysterically at her while she tried to walk in it, we had SUCCESS!  I'm not ready to call it a done deal, but it is progress enough to not return the sleep sack to the store.  :) 

Here's hoping nap time today goes well. 

1 comment: