Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Mother's Day


Mother's Day!  My first mother's day!  I find this to be an excellent occasion to share some of the many things I love about my sweet baby girl.


Loving Lillia's....
  •  sweet effervescent smile and laugh - brings a smile to your face every time.
  • determination and patience - she will work hard to get something she wants!  Even if it means crawling all the way across the room.
  • love for Sydney - I'm pretty sure Sydney is one of her favorite things in the world.
  • interest in the world around her - she is super curious about everything she sees. 
  •  squawks, squeals, laughs and giggles.
  • eyes... she has awesome eyes that never seem to stay the same color - more often than not they are green, but sometimes they are teal or blue.  Really neat.  

  • ability to impress us each day with her "advanced" baby moves
  • little personality - we are seeing more and more each day and it has been so interesting to learn and get to know this tiny little person
  • style!  I'll take some credit for this one, but even for a baby there are some things that just don't seem to look good on her (weird I know), but this child can pull off a mean bandana!
  •  interest and willingness to try new things.  This was one thing I personally was worried about since I am a "slow to warm up" kind of person and I'm pretty sure I was like that as a kid too.  Lia surprises me with each new activity and seems to adapt well to new things and to change.  Way to go kiddo!
  •  her countless (and still increasing) hilarious expressions...  This baby has the weirdest faces!  
  •  Daddy!  I feel like the best gift Todd and I can give to our child(ren) is our love for each other and I am loving Lia's Daddy!!  He made this mother's day so special for me and I know I'll never forget it.
Most of all, I find myself in awe most days that this sweet, happy, fun loving child is someone I get to hang out with everyday - she is everything we could have ever wished for.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Becky, you are such a wonderful Mom! Lillia will treasure having this blog for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lia's grammy and grampy come home every day anticipating a chance to see this precious baby.
    I give thanks and praise every day!

    ReplyDelete